Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Miss Congeniality (not)

I thought I would share the only images we have (to date) of our little Lotojane. That's right - our little girl already has a couple of nicknames. She needs them because Mike and I can't seem to settle on any real names. Hopefully we figure out what her name is BEFORE we leave the hospital. Her other nickname is Trifena - A family name on Mike's side. She got her nickname LOTOJANE because for the first time in 7 years, we will not be participating in the LOTOJA bike race. Why? Because that's exactly the date that this baby is due.

Mike did consider registering for the race - I refused to say yes or no and really thought he should go with his instinct on whether he should do it or not. This was the year he would pick up his special plaque for participating in over 1000 miles of LOTOJA. Also, because he took the podium last year he would have had an automatic entry this year without any lottery. Mike finally decided no lotoja this year. He said if he couldn't sit it out for one year because he has a baby due, then he has a problem. I think he's enjoying a more laid back bike season and I am relieved that he will be home when I am 9 months pregnant and could go into labor any minute now. I know my friend Laura (aka laurotoja) would snag him off his bike and drive him back to SLC at my signal, but its just not worth the risk (or high blood pressure).

When we had our ultrasound, the doctor said that she was NOT going to win Miss Congeniality. After poking and prodding and waiting and more jabbing, she refused to give us any really good profile shots. So, this is what we have.

World: Meet Lotojane (or at least what she'll let you see of her)... her feet... Looking at this image is kind of like looking at a magic eye. You sort of need to use your imagination and cross your eyes a little bit.






3 comments:

Giulia said...

You should name her Giulia, I hear it's a great name! :)

Laura said...

Can't wait to meet the little stagiere!

Laura said...

Can't wait to meet her!