 |
| Mike and his blushing bride....that's me! |
Why spend one day celebrating your anniversary when you can spend several? Mike and I kicked off our anniversary the weekend prior by going on a very fancy date up in Park City. Originally we were just going to eat at something run-of-the-mill, like that pizza and pasta place on main street.... but then we saw it. The Riverhorse Menu. Mike and I LOVE good food, and we couldn't resist. Up the stairs we went!
We started off with the "Riverhorse" Potsickers with ginger-soy sauce and chives. They were SOOO good! Mike ordered the most beautiful dish! He got the Utah Red Trout with pistachio crust, pomegranate salsa and "forbidden" rice. Wow. I had their "Classic" Macadamia Nut Crusted Alaskin Halibut with broccolini, mango chutney, lemon emulsion and herb mashed potatoes. Bam! Forgive the cell phone pictures. They do NOT do our date (or meal) justice!
 |
| The first Halibut I've ever had...but DEFINITELY not the last! |
 |
| The trout. Wowsers! It tasted as good as it looks. I know. Mike shared! |
|
|
After we filled our tummies with some awesome goodness - and skipped dessert which we NEVER do at nice restaurants - we ran (drove actually) up the hill to the Deer Valley Summer Concert Series where we saw one of the most wonderful concerts EVER! We had wonderful grass seats to hear the one and only Ben Folds play with the Utah Symphony. Wow. What a combo! What a date! What a night!
It was the best date I have ever been on! I had SO much fun with Mike! And if that wasn't celebration enough, on our actual anniversary,
July 20th, our celebration continued. We both feel so lucky to be where we are in life. We feel so happy and blessed to be parents. So, we decided to celebrate our anniversary with the newest addition to our family (and only addition, might I add). We took a wonderful picnic up to Donut Falls and just enjoyed reflecting on how much we love each other. I don't need a fancy dinner or killer concert to celebrate with Mike - we just need to be together. So that's what we did!
 |
| Daniel LOVES hiking in the backpack! He can't drink in the sights fast enough. |
 |
| The flowers were out in full force. |
|
|
 |
| It won't happen EVERY year, but for this anniversary, Daniel got to come along for the celebration. He even brought some spit-up. :) |
Time goes by so quickly. I am getting to the point where life before Mike is just a blur. Life with Mike is so wonderful. It was fun to pull out the wedding pictures and remember how much fun we had on our wedding day. Little did we know that was just the beginning.... (hit the music! Here comes the wedding flashback.....)
 |
| We were married in the Salt Lake Temple on July 20, 2006. |
 |
| Our reception was at The Point, complete with AMAZING FLOWERS (go Melissa!), supposedly amazing food (I wouldn't know, I didn't taste any), incredible jazz band, and wonderful friends there to celebrate with us. |
 |
| Cutting the cake. All 8 flavors of cake. |
So there you have it for the wedding flashback. It has been the best 4 years of my life. I look forward to spending the rest of eternity with Mike. Dang I'm a lucky girl.
Happy Anniversary!
No comments:
Post a Comment