Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Nativity

Photobucket

It's fun to be pregnant at Christmastime. I always try and visualize what it must have been like to be Mary and Joseph at the time of Christ's birth. They must have been so scared and incredibly excited for the things to come. As we went to see the Live Nativity in the Bonneville Glenn this year, everything felt a bit more real. For the first time in my life, I feel like I can really start to connect with Mary. Granted, what I am going through is nothing in comparison with what she did, but I do feel like I can relate a little better as I think about all of the events that transpired on Christmas. It must have been amazing for her to take her little baby and wrap him up and snuggle him the night of his birth. What a miracle Christ's birth was. Nativity means birth and the circumstances surrounding someone's birth. We look forward to our own little family nativity to come. But, until then, Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I completely agree! It is so special to be pregnant right now. It'll definitely be something we'll always remember. :)

Ash and Joe said...

i hate that i have to miss the Bonneville Glenn nativity! i feel so sorry for myself right now... i better get to see you when we come to visit! one week to go!!!