That's right people. Mike and I have posted over 100 posts on our blog! Can you believe it? If each post took me an average of 15 minutes to post, and I have 100 posts that means we've spent 1,500 minutes posting, or 25 hours. This means I have spent an entire ONE whole day plus ONE hour blogging. Woah. That makes it sound like a time waster but I really don't think it has been. It's been a fun way to remind myself to take pictures, to journal the fun adventures we have and to share everything with our dear friends...you!
We can't let this milestone pass without some type of celebration. So, we're doing a BLOG GIVE AWAY! That's right folks, you've got a chance to win a batch of my scrumptious chocolate chip cookies. I"m dead serious, too. The inspiration actually came a couple months ago when I read on a friend's blog that she wanted to win some stuff on someone else's blog. That's where the idea came from. I don't make jewelry or sell any cool crafty things, but I can make some pretty scrumptious chocolate chip cookies or other tasty treats. Here are the contest rules...if you want some yummy treats, keep reading.
In honor of the Garff's 100th blog post, all those who post a substantial comment (at least 2 sentences) on this blog in the month of MARCH will be entered into a drawing for a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
The fine print: Those who are out of the country are, sorry, ineligible. I'll mail the cookies - just not that far. Also, competitors should be aware that the chocolate chip cookies do not come with milk. Contest winner is responsible for coming up with milk to dip the cookies in during consumption. The other fine print? If you're a creepy blog stalker that I don't know, you should already be aware that you're not eligible so don't bother commenting, and for goodness sake, stop reading my blog.
There you have it folks! Comment away! If you don't, I'll be forced to post a bunch of fake comments to make it look like my blog actually has a following and people are actually interested in getting a batch of cookies.
27 Years!
5 days ago


19 comments:
Hey! Well I may live in Vegas... but that's not out of the country! I love looking at your blog to see how you guys are! So keep them comin'
In confused...did you have to already write a comment on a previous post in February, or can I raise my hand now for some scrumptious cookies? Either way, you can send them my way:) Congrats on 100 posts!
I love this idea, I think I remember discussing it with you, or maybe that was a dream...question though, February or March?
Sorry for the confusion. This contest is for MARCH!!!
Catherine, I think it's awesome that you got a bunny for a pet. I was at the pet store the other day and almost bought one but I don't think I can have one where I'm living. Now enter me into the contest, I want Chocolate Chip cookies!
At first when you said you were having a blog give away I was hoping that meant you would blog for whoever won. (That would be ideal since I stink at updating mine except to complain about something random no one cares about.) Cookies are always good too :)
YAY for the 100th Blog Post!! I'm coming up on 200, and am wondering what I can do for it. Maybe I'll auction off the blog post to the highest bidder...
Anyway, love hearing from you guys. Hope all is well up in the SLC!
Oh, and if the cookies are won, well...I'll come get them personally. :D
So, is there any rules about posting MANY comments, and how are you going to determine the winner, random drawing or wittiest or funniest or coolest...??
The giveaway is a good idea, we'll have to do it when we hit 100. I thought the fine print was expecially funny! Hope no weirdos are posting/reading your blog.
You should send the cookies to me and Steve because we are your best followers (and I cannot make chocolate chip cookies to save my life).
Congratulations on 100! I'm not sure if or when we hit 100 on our blog I should look into that. Anyway, glad things are going well and blogging is not a waste of time. We were told to journal our lives and this is the modern way to do just that! I can't wait to see what your new no paneling room will look like. Hugs to all!
Random drawing is what I've been planning on. I think Mike and I will make a night of it. We'll put everyone's names in a hat, I'll hold it up high, and he'll draw a name. Maybe we'll take some video and post it with the results.
Loved the pics. I have to hit Pinks when I go to LA. PS- Put me in the drawing! Mom
I sooo miss the yummy cookies you would share with us back in the good old days at the village. joe and I were just remincising about those days recently. It really was so great to live close to you guys. miss you!
ps. so upset with how the bachelor turned out!!!
If we make more than one comment are we in the drawing for each comment? Or is this a "one entry per person" kind of contest? Just thought I would ask...I love you guys!!!
Yum Yum! I LOVE chocolate chip cookies and I don't think you have yet to share your amazing talent in making them with me yet...umm maybe this could be it! Well anyways, we LOVED hanging out with you guys on Friday! Movie nights are the best!
So you will mail me some of your delicious chocolate cookies for making 1 substansial comment on any post in March? I am in.
I know Ashley already commented, but this is Joe. I know we are one, but when it comes to winning your cookies, we are two. Ash and I are here in Missouri and would pay for the postage. We love and miss you guys. Thanks for your advise Catherine, to Ashley that was un-postable.
Since I live in Michigan, they should definitely be sent here, where you're from originally! Also, my birthday is this week, Oh, and Happy Birthday to Michael!
Yes! I can't wait to eat some scruptious chocolate chip cookies. I bet they are gooy and chocolatey and round-y and ....
Okay so that is a great Idea. Did you go back and count every post? I guess as a very inexperienced blogger that might be a very obvious question, but still important.
Post a Comment