Mike and I have done a lot of different skiing this year. This winter we took an avalanche class through the U of U and spent a day in the back country. It was my first time, and can I say it's the hardest work out I've ever had in my entire life.
We've done a TON of cross country skiing (just the two of us, with Steve and April, with Steve and April and Nike and Kiki, with Luke, with Karen, with friends...)
We've done some free skiing. We were able to get our hands on free passes to Park City and went with Mom and Dad and Luke to enjoy an odd, rainy yet powdery day. Ever since a tramatic ski school experience when we were in SLC on vacation (I was 8?) - I have always bashed Park City and laughed at everyone who skied there. Needless to say, I had to eat my words after skiing the shoots in the Jupiter Bowl. They were GREAT! Some of the best runs I've had this entire season.
And of course, we've done a couple of good old fashioned family ski days at Alta...my personal favorite.
So, between the Alta skiing, the free skiing, the tele skiing, the cross country skiing and the backcountry skiing, I'd say yes. We've done a lot of skiing this year. Mike has gone back country quite a bit (with Dad and Luke and without me). So no, we haven't done your traditional season pass ski season hitting the slopes over 60 days, but yes, we have done a lot of skiing. I love living in Utah! Where else can you have a winter like that?


1 comment:
Wow... that sounds like a lot of skiing to me! I'm so jealous. As is, I enjoyed my one full day (thus far) up at Sundance with my parents.
Post a Comment