Just like the Sheppards and wise men of old, last night Mike and I went to Bethlehem! As always, it was such a neat experience. It's easy to have fun shopping and decorating a tree, Christmas is about celebrating the miracle of Christ's birth. I originally found out about the Live Nativity from my Uncle Jeff who helps organize it each year, and now I can't have December without it. The Nativity is a really neat chance for the entire community to come together and celebrate the real purpose of the Christmas holiday. The nativity is put on by The Salt Lake Bonneville LDS Stake, 1st Baptist Church, Lady of Lourdes Parish, St. Ambrose Catholic Church, and Wasatch Presbyterian Church.
The Deseret News put together a beautiful audio slideshow that can be found here. However, I also took some pictures. Enjoy the photos - this even really helped me feel the true spirit of Christmas. Plus, the Camel is really cool.
27 Years!
5 days ago


8 comments:
Sorry we missed seeing you there but it was really an amazing evening. Raegan and Carsen particularly liked the Camel--although Raegan was a bit concerned when he tried to eat some little girls hair.
Oh, Catherine, I wish I could have been there!
Wow, the camel is big! A lot bigger than I imagined.
thanks for posting the link. i'm so sad that we missed Bethlehem this year.
I am so sad we weren't able to go to the Bethlehem this year- that is a Christmas tradition we really miss!
I have yet to go!! I was going to go this year with my in-laws but I had to teach dance! ugh! But what a wonderful tradition!
I'm so sad I missed it this year! Next year for sure.
I'm so sad we missed the Nativity this year! It looks awesome. We had other things going on that night that we couldn't miss. I hope you guys had nice Christmas! Sorry we missed out on cross-country skiing, but I hope you had fun.
Post a Comment