Monday, November 24, 2008

The Ultimate Date!

Mike took me on the Ultimate Date this Saturday. It was amazing. Not only was my date hot, but we had SO much fun together! Please forgive the quality of the cell phone pictures.

Our date started out with watching the University of Utah cream the cougars and bust into the BCS. Now we're #6 and waiting to find out if it's going to be the Sugar, Orange or Fiesta Bowl. GO UTES!
When the game was over, Mike and I hopped on Trax and took it downtown to the Energy Solutions Arena where we had tickets to the Coldplay concert! Coldplay is my very most favorite band ever. Their music really lifts me up. We grabbed Hot Dogs for dinner (a totally not-cool concert goers treat - we were starving!). Our seats were great. We were just high enough that no one was distructing our view and we could see everything perfectly. Coldplay is AWESOME in concert. Seriously - I didn't think it was possible but I left the concert loving them even more than when I entered the concert.
The cool globe things projected video from the concert and cool artistic abstract images. It's amazing how four people can take control of the entire room. Their energy filled up the entire arena. Mike and I already decided that next time they come we're DEFINITELY going - it was just that good. As if we weren't happy enough with our seats, one hour into the concert the band left the stage. For a flicker of a moment, I was disappointed that they only played for an hour. That was until I looked to my left and saw the microphone. Yes - the entire band came right next to us and played two songs! RIGHT NEXT TO US!!! It was AWESOME. We got SO close - and what were the chances that we got to be right next to where they came up!? Again, my apologies for the cellphone quality photographs.
When the concert ended :( we hopped back onto trax and took it up to our car that was parked at the U. Here are a couple super duper short videos of the band (I would rather enjoy the music than play with my phone during the concert).



The concert rocked. The game rocked. The date rocked. My only regret was that all went by so quickly. What an amazing night.

5 comments:

SGarff said...

That’s a lot of standing up for one day.

Ash and Joe said...

way fun! and so jealous. we only got to see the last ten minutes of the big game. bytheway... i think joe enjoyed twilight more than i did!

Josh and Anna said...

What a fun date!!

Julie said...

So fun! I am totally jealous! That is the ultimate, hot date!

Aubrey said...

That *is* the ultimate date!

Being a Cougar fan, I was a bit bummed about our team's miserable showing, but I'm happy the Utes have had such a terrific season. I hope they represent Utah well in the BCS Bowl.