Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Giving Thanks

Mike and I had a nice (and quiet) thanksgiving this year. In fact, I think it's the first thanksgiving I can think of where I didn't have to undo my top pants button and lay flat on the floor until my food digested. To celebrate our forefathers feasting with the Indians, we started the day off by sleeping in until 1pm. Then, we got ready and played some backyard football at the Garffs. It was mike and I vs. Bill and Kevin. It was supposed to be touch football, but let's just say that Bill can be quite agressive. After sufficiently stuffing ourselves and going through a bit of a Turkey coma, we went up to our Hilltop home where we had some home made pies and lisened to our family friend, Cynthia Douglass, play christmas music on her Celtic Harp. It was a wonderful ending to a great day. The music was a great catelist to sit and ponder about what we're grateful for.

If I had to think about one thing this year that I am most thankful for, I would say it is family. We've had really big ups this year (The House, Lake Powell, Mexico, Kevin coming home, LOTOJA and some great waterskiing) and some scary downs (the optic neuritis episode in the spring and Carsen's bout with mono). Through it all the one thing that continues to lift us up and inspire us and enjoy the ups and help us through the downs is always family. I love my husband, my parents, my sibbligns, my neice (Raeggie) and nephews (Alex and Carsen) and all my in-laws and wouldn't trade any of them ever. They are my biggest blessing and what I am greatful for this year, and every year.

Mike and a 3rd serving of TURKEY!


All of us. Full. Luke is not pictured - he's taking the picture.


No comments: