Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Breakfast

Holidays are the BEST! This year for Memorial Day we were lucky enough to get an invitation from Joey and Ashley to hike Mount Olympus. Evidentially, Ashley hikes Mt. Olympus every single year on Memorial Day. I have never climbed Mt. Olympus, so naturally I was really excited. Sunday we checked the weather and it looked really bad. I could just picture myself getting struck by lightening at the summit---needless to say we went for plan B. We decided to do a early morning bike ride to beat the storm. We figured if we got up early enough we would be able to get in a bike ride just before bad weather. We woke up to thunder and lightening and decided a bike ride was also not a good idea. We truly only had one other option - to go to breakfast. With a 45 minute wait at Ruth's Diner, we went back in time and decided to go to George's Greek Cafe (currently known as the Roundhouse Cafe, previously known as Demetrius'). I used to eat a full roundhouse once a week (while in High School) and thought I was up to the challenge. In case any of you George's fans were wondering, the decor is exactly the same, but the roundhouse is a bit different - higher price, less meat, the cheese wasn't melted and the portions were smaller (a welcomed change). It was a fun way to spend our Memorial Day. Going out for breakfast is really fun - although I probably only do it twice per year. The best way to go out to breakfast is to go on a long Saturday morning bike ride and then stop at breakfast at the very end. We did this a few times last year and enjoyed guilt-free breakfasts at Eggs in the City and Blue Plate Diner. I'm always looking for a great breakfast stop, so if any of you have some ideas please send them my way.

The rest of our memorial day was spent in rainy bliss. We enjoyed ourselves at Indiana Jones with Mom, Dad, Eric and Audrey (thanks mom and dad!) and I read an entire book (children's novel) for my book club the next day while Mike did homework. It was nice to enjoy the rainy day at home. It was also fun to make memories with Joey and Ashley as we have no idea how much longer we get to have them here in SLC. Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: