Yep - we went to Lake Powell with RVs. I think the whole idea was born on a brown January afternoon at Dilworth Park. The conversation was taken more seriously than I originally thought, one thing led to another, and next thing you know Mike and I are checking out an RV and driving down to Bullfrog to spend the week with friends...and their RVs. It was a fun new way to experience Powell. With three of us being at least 7 months pregnant, the air conditioning provided by RVs was a must. It was great! We spent the day in the sun, in the baby pool, in the lake, waterskiing, and just floating. It was well over 100 every day but we kept in the water and slathered in Sunscreen. Plus, the occasional trip to Halls Crossing for Ice Cream kept us plenty cooled down. Then, at night, we turned our camper trailer into a refrigerator and I got a great nights rest on a queen sized bed. The best part about RVs? The fridges and freezers are run 24/7 via propane which means we were eating ice cream sandwiches on the banks of Powell which made it well worth the expense. And, for those curious, our trailer cost about equivalent to a hotel room but it was beach side. I think i'd be up for another RV trip someday in the future. I only wish we'd taken more pictures, but it seems we never take very many pictures at Powell because we're always just in the water.
If we weren't in the boat, Daniel was here. In the baby pool. The best was when he and his other friends (same age) Drew and Grant joined him in the pool. So cute!
Sooo cool.
S'mores
The campsite - Hanceys on the left, Garffs in the middle and Stringhams (the ring leaders) on the right with the brave tent camping Gardners in center field.
No filter. No photoshop. This is why I love lake powell. So gorgeous!
Cow waking up in the morning.
Daniel watching a flick on the drive home.






No comments:
Post a Comment