Sunday, May 20, 2012

Solar Eclipse

Last minute we decided to go up above University Hospital to burn out our corneas watching the solar eclipse.  The experience somewhat reminded me of the part from the Curious George movie when The Man in the Yellow Hat thinks he's found the idol and finds ancient writing that says, "Turn your eye to the light, go from darkness to site." Not understanding the instructions, Ted (the man in the yellow hat) looks straight into the sun...

Since there are no pictures of US watching the eclipse (after looking at it through a pin hole - following all safety directions - I still couldn't see...let alone operate my camera to capture the moment). Here's a picture of Ted - which is basically what we looked like...



It was a perfect gorgeous evening. Our parking lot neighbors even let us try out their fancy pants solar eclipse goggles. Someone remind me on August 12, 2045 for the next full solar eclipse to make that purchase. I've got 33 years to be prepared - think I can not procrastinate on that one? Some how I doubt it...

Daniel loved throwing rocks in the hills behind the hospital. He and mike also caught some awesome bugs to harass. Not sure he really cared about the eclipse, but we still had fun with him.


No comments: