Thursday, May 3, 2012

Downtown Play Date!

I like to embrace Daniel's obsessions. Even if sometimes they drive me crazy like his LOVE of Choo Choo Trains. My friend Jenny and I had this epic idea that we would take our boys on Trax. I thought it would be a great change from riding the 2 minute train ride at the zoo. It was seriously the best $2 I've spent so far this year!

I'd suggest this downtown play date to any of you! We hopped on Trax at 2100 S 300 E. We rode it downtown to the Genealogy Library where we got off and took a nice toddler paced stroll up Temple Square. Daniel loved all the fountains and bugs and flowers.  When we sensed the boys were starting to expire, we went across the street to the new City Creek Center where we bought a super classy meal at McDonalds.  The City Creek Center has a great little play area for kids Daniel's age. We let them swallow down some nuggets and dip and then played with them until we sensed they were going to expire (again) at which point we hopped back on trax and rode back to our cars. It took up most of the morning and Daniel talked about it for DAYS. I only wish he could have sat still long enough to let us have a cute picture together. Maybe next time (stay tuned for a horrible picture below - but I'd rather have a horrible picture and capture the moment than have no picture at all.)




No comments: