Monday, April 23, 2012

Les Petits Macaron CLASS!

Remember how in December I decided to learn how to make authentic French  Macarons? Well, the author of the cookbook that I read cover to cover (all several hundred pages of it) came to SLC! I signed my mom and I up for a class with her that was hosted by the Utah Baker's Dozen. She had several samples of these AMAZING macarons and gave some great tips about baking these tricky treats and elevation.

 My mom was enjoying this so much she couldn't stop giggling for a picture. Yes. We were giggling while eating our macarons while we were supposed to be taking notes and paying closer attention...


Macarons made by the master Kathryn Gordon. 
Best macarons I have ever tasted. Wow! Just to give you an idea, this assortment included a Tomato Confit Filling, Chevre Rosemary Filling (a favorite), Duck Confit with Port and Fig Filling (WOW!), Chile Pineapple Kumquat Marmelade, Strawberry-Guava Pate de Fruit Filling, and Cassis White Chocolate Ganache Filling - Still drooling here!
 


I can almost taste it by looking at the pictures - this is the Duck Confit with Port and Fig Filling. 

 Kathryn Gordon and I. She is awesome.

Hurry and take the picture mom - so I can eat them!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I LOVE macarons. They're some of my favorites at Gourmandise.