So I have wanted to do a triathlon for a long long long time... I swam on swim team growing up, I love road biking and anyone can run right? I have only been cleared to run for the last couple of weeks, but I can't sit around anymore - it's time to do what I've wanted to do for a long time! It worked out really well because Mike was also invited by some friends to "tri" out this event, so we decided we'd both do it. As I'm still recovering from knee surgery, I opted for the sprint triathlon. Mike doesn't do anything half-way, so he thought he'd do the olympic for his first triathlon. Go Mike!
If you are thinking about doing a tri, I would suggest doing the Jordanelle Tri. The water is warm and the scenery is GORGEOUS.
Mike and his friends from the neighborhood including Mark Murdock, Todd Gardner and Dan Johnson...John Shirley did it too, but he's so fast you can't even see him standing still.
My friends made me a cute little sign that they held up for me at the finish line. I have good friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment