Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Carsen

My dear sweet nephew Carsen invited us to his birthday party to celebrate his turning seven years old! I remember the day Carsen was born. So perfect and beautiful right from day 1. Carsen not only taught me how to be an auntie, but in a lot of ways I think he taught me how to be a mother. Before carsen, my exposure to babies and kids was very limited - but he has patiently trained me over the last 7 years.

I love watching Carsen take care of Daniel! Daniel LOVES playing with Carsen, and Carsen is so sweet and spoils Daniel (his youngest cousin) relentlessly.  He'll design toys for him and is so patient with Daniel.  I love just watching them play and watching Carsen try to teach Daniel things.

Happy Birthday Carsen! I am so proud of you for all that you do, and I love you very very much. 

Carsen's birthday is just a couple of weeks before Daniel's.  Daniel had some birthday-cake-eating practice at Carsen's party.



Before the cake, Daniel was a little bit grumpy. This is his grumpy face. I love it!

No comments: