Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Dear ME

Dear oh dear. The dark side of the twenties. I've hit it this year and I'm not sure that I like the feeling. Inside, I feel like a twelve year old, and sometimes (quite frequently, in fact) I act like one. So now that I am at the "dark side of the twenties," I am not sure what to do with myself. Sure, to a lot of people (including many of my friends) this seems so young. But to someone who still feels like she's young enough to NOT have a drivers' license, it feels very....VERY old.

Mike planned THE perfect birthday for me. We stayed then night up at a condo at the Cliff Lodge in Snowbird. My entire family came up on my Birthday Eve and we ate food from one of my favorite restaurants, Chanon Thai. I think it was a tad spicy for the kiddos, but they were able to swallow it down with some birthday cake (from one of my favorite bakeries) Glauss. My sister gave me some dress-up clothes for Daniel (which truly are for ME as I don't think he appreciates a Kenneth Cole pin-stripe suit quite yet). The outfit makes him look like a little investment banker. Watch out Wall Street!

Don't let the grin and chubby cheeks distract you. This guy is ready for action.

I actually didn't celebrate a birthDAY but a birthWEEKEND. We spent the night at Snowbird on Friday. On THE day we watched the HORRIBLE TCU vs. U of U football game and then calmed down with a dinner at The Sea Salt. And then on the day after the day, we went to Karen and Bills for a yummy dinner and some Huckleberry Cobbler (which we all know is superior to huckleberry pie).


Thanks to everyone who made me feel extra special this year, even those I am approaching old-fartdom.

No comments: