The Garff family on blessing day.
I am sitting in my bed right now. Mike is pacing back and forth trying to get a very awake Daniel to go to sleep. The noise machine is going so we both feel relaxed - like we're on the beach. Was that a seagull flying by? Oh wait - that was just the noise machine. The dishes are cleaned up and the guests have all gone home. Today was a perfect day.
Today was Daniel's baby blessing. We took him to our church where, led by Mike, Daniel and 14 other priesthood holders took him into their arms and gave him and a name and a blessing. I cannot think of a better way to start out life. So I guess this is it! The boat has left the harbor and we're off on our great adventure as a family. I feel this way because this was the last BIG THING that Daniel gets to go through to get his life started. His baby blessing. So many other things lie in store for Daniel as he grows up, but I felt like today was the official "lift off."
How lucky I am to have a wonderful husband with the priesthood authority to bless Daniel. How lucky I am to be blessed with the charge of raising Daniel. I said it once today and I will say it again. I know miracles exist because watching Daniel grow inside and then be here on earth and be a real growing living baby boy is a miracle. And I know God loves Mike and I because he is letting us participate in that miracle.
Today was a perfect day. I look forward to many more with Daniel in our life.
Daniel in his blessing outfit - made by my mom. Thanks mom!




2 comments:
oh my gosh that little guy is just perfect! had to smile when you talked about Mike pacing around...
Congratulations! It really is a wonderful day. Here's to many more.
Post a Comment