Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My First Mother's Day

And could I be luckier? Thanks to my wonderful husband for sacrificing everything so that I can live my dream as a stay-at-home Mom.  I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to spend each day with Daniel. He may grow bigger, but he'll always be my baby.  For Mother's day, Daniel made me realize just how lucky I am. He gave me many many smiles. What a wonderful mother's day and how lucky I feel.


Daniel's Mother's Day Present - Tons of big smiles!

Thanks to my own mother as well.  I guess I never realized how much my mom has really done and sacrificed for me until February 10th when I became a mother myself.  Wow was I a TON of work! Thanks mom for staying up late with me both as a baby, and as a teenager.  Yes, I grew bigger, but some things never changed. As a baby, my mom would get up with me in the middle of the night to feed me. And as a teenager, she'd be waiting in the kitchen when I got home from a date with a big glass of chocolate milk ready to hear me dish all about how much I liked Mike. Thanks for being such an awesome mom, and for teaching me through example how to be a mom.  The other day I was holding Daniel "just so" and Mike asked me where I learned how to hold him like that. I can only think I learned from watching you, Mom.  I love you.

A picture of MY MOM with HER BABIES (i.e. ME)....To think I still feel like I am this old.

5 comments:

April Celeste Garff said...

Daniel is going blond! Boy he just gets cuter and cuter!!!

Barb said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love the last one- he looks like he's winking!

Anonymous said...

you two make a great recipe! that Daniel is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Its amazing how much we realize about our own parents as we grow older.

Aubrey said...

Beautiful photos Catherine! Happy Mother's Day!