This is an official call for proposals. A horrible song came on the radio on my way home from the office yesterday. It got me thinking that I think it would be hilarious to compile a play list of the worst songs ever. (I'm not sure why why I am finding this entertaining, but never the less, I am.)
All of my projects start with a brainstorm, and this project was no different. But, as I started to put pen to paper, I came to the realization that pulling together this play list is going to be much harder than I initially anticipated. It's not that there aren't a ton of horrible songs out there, its just that I put myself on the spot and I suddenly can't think of all the really bad ones.
This is where you come in. What's the worst song ever? Let me know by commenting. Please.
27 Years!
5 days ago


10 comments:
I personally despise the song "we belong" by Pat Benatar...but this may only be circumstantial for me.
Among the bad song list could be...
Sisqo - thong song
Billy Ray Cyrus - achy brakey heart
Rednex - Cotton Eyed Joe
Jennifer Lopez - Jenny from the Block
Ricky Martin - She Bangs
Hansens - Mmm Bop
Baha Men - Who let the Dog's out
Fergie - My Humps
(thanks to the www for helping me add to and solidify my list....I will post more when I think of them)
Genius! How could I have already forgotten Mmm Bop!?
Aqua - Barbie
Hole - Celebrity Skin
Fergie - London Bridge
Lou Bega - Mambo #5
Chicago - Inspiration
The Offspring - Pretty Fly for a White Guy
Limp Bizkit - Nookie
the Les Olsen Company jingle
The Macarena!
Tubthumper- Chumba Wumba (?)
Serious Barb - you have to put a question mark next to Tubthumper? It's horrible. No questions about it.
Even better would be a list of the worst songs ever that we still love in spite of (or is that because of?) their awfulness. I'm thinking of Brittany Spears' Hit me Baby One More Time, Journey's I cant' fight this feeling any more, Presidents of The United States of America's Peaches, The Samples' Nature, and The Scorpions' Rock you like a Hurricane.
Anything from Mylie Cyrus
Eiffel 65 - I'm Blue (da da di da da da)
Love is a Battlefield...I don't know who sings this one
Haddaway - What is Love?
That's all I can think of right now.
I'll have to go with "The Twelve Things of Christmas that are Such a Pain to Me."
"They're Coming to Take me Away", Ha ha, hee, hee. You have to be over 50 to know about this crazy song about being taken to an insane asylum from circa 1972.
I also vote for Tub-thumper! It goes on the list just because they were lame enough to name it tub thumper:)
Post a Comment