Sunday, July 5, 2009

Anything you can do I can do fakey.

That's what Brad's shirt said anyways. That's right folks! It's Lake Powell 2009 with our cousins, the Hutchings! We had a blast on their wonderful houseboat. I only wish I took more pictures, but I guess I was having too much fun for photo-taking. We spent our 4th of July weekend relaxing, surfing, moleculing, eating, watching fireworks over the Glenn Canyon Dam, climbing very steep sand dunes and having a wonderful time together as a family.

Photobucket
Brad and Beth - notice the shirt?


Photobucket
Dad got this cool new toy that propels you through the water. James quickly became a pro.


Photobucket
A post cannot go published without mention of Tube City, aka Tube Town. We lashed all of our tubes together - the tube, humongous Molecule and giant Mach3 and then got every single member of the family squished on the 3 tubes - mostly dry. This is mom on the Molecule. She was one of the first to go to Tube Town.


Photobucket
More people before Tube Town starting getting out of hand... I would have had more pictures of Tube Town, but I was in the town so that wasn't really possible. (Alex, Patrick and Patricia).


Photobucket
My cousin Aubrey ready to settle down for a good read.


Photobucket
The most beautiful tubing you'll ever do is at Lake Powell. Where else do you have a back drop like that!?

Thanks to Brad and Beth and Mom and Dad for having us down and creating yet another wonderful Powell memory.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Great photos. Ah yes, the braids and geek shirt. Lake Powell always creates fashion statements. ;-)

Thanks for sharing!