Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A year of commencement.

We spent last week in Boston and New Hampshire attending Patrick's MBA graduation (wahoo!) and visiting family. It truly has been a year of commencement for our family. From Mike and Patrick's MBAs to Steven's Juris Doctor - there have been a lot of diplomas awarded and wizard suits to wear. I don't know what Mike and I will do next May! We've had at least one graduation every year since we've been married, and one or both of us have always been in school. Within the first year we were married, Mike graduated with a B.S. of Finance. The following year, I graduated with my B.S. in Public Relations. This third year, Mike graduated with his MBA. We really need a graduation to attend next year, or i'm afraid we'll go through grad withdrawal. I really enjoy graduations.

We flew into Boston last Tuesday night. Patrick was able to finagle tickets for Mike and I to be able to attend the graduation Luncheon, commencement and the sweet commencement after-party (I mean, reception) where there were a gazillion different types of dessert and I made an absolute pig of myself.

These are not all of the pictures from our trip, but I thought they might give you a glimpse of our adventure. I hope to get around to exchanging pics with everyone else so we can give you a more full taste of our vacation.

Photobucket
We visited Patricia's favorite seaside village, Manchester by the Sea, and played on Singing Beach.

On Friday and Saturday, we drove up to Jaffrey, New Hampshire where we spent time with my Aunt Launie, Uncle Bill, Cousin Jenna and her cute twins. As a small disclaimer, we are "technically" not cousins, however, who cares about details? I didn't even find out that we weren't "technically" related until I was 13. Family is Family. They have been there for so many of the important parts of our lives - including my Baptism where my Aunt Launie was a speaker. I haven't been to their place in Jaffrey for YEARS so it was really fun to take Mike up there. It really is a magical place and we can't wait to go back and spend some more time.

Launie made us an incredible Lobster Dinner, Uncle Bill took us into the "Deep Dark Woods," and we were able to visit the graves of my cousins, Holly and Bill, on Saturday morning. It was the first time I was able to visit that cemetery.

Photobucket
This is where the magic happens...where Uncle Bill makes his famous maple syrup. The real stuff. None of that crappy Aunt Jamima stuff.

Photobucket
Liquid Gold.

Photobucket
Mom and Launie on the porch.


Photobucket
Before we left, we all went to Kimball's for ice cream.

Photobucket
Alex REALLY enjoyed his ice cream cone.

After our trip to New Hampshire, we returned to Boston for a few more adventures. Patricia and Patrick took us to Minuteman National Park where the Shot Heard Around the World was fired. They also took us to see the Boston Temple.

Photobucket
A tree in front of where the Shot Heard Around the World was fired.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Flowers at the Boston Temple.

1 comment:

Go Go Gomez said...

How fun! I am so glad you got to see patricia! She is still as beautiful as ever! You both are! Also Martel and I graduate in the spring so if you want you can come to our graduation!!!