Monday, January 26, 2009

A night of Braziliian cusine.

For Christmas, Mike got a great cookbook called "A Taste of Brazil." We've had a lot of fun experimenting with some Brazilian recipes. I'm just grateful for the cookbook because after 2 years of hearing about how fabulous the Brazilian beef stroganoff is, I can finally make it!

Beyond Stroganoff, there are a plethora of classic Brazilian recipes included in the book. On Monday night for Family Night, Mike and I decided to try and make Coxinha. It's basically a fried chicken pastry - chicken wrapped in potato dough and deep fried (thanks mom and dad for letting us use the deep fryer!) We also made some Pastel, which is basically deep fried pastry with beef in the middle. Really good! Really Greasy.

We were both surprised at how long it took - and at what a mess making both Coxinha and Pastel made. Despite the mess, Mike was awesome and cleaned out the ENTIRE kitchen! When we woke up, the hosue still smelled like it was deep fried, but at least the dishes were done and we could eat Coxinha for lunch. Mike loved it all so much he said it was just like he was in Brazil...

7 comments:

Rugger said...

Someone has been photoshopping... :)

Julie said...

That picture is classic. Hey you need to check out my blog because I want you to sign up with us!

Jessica Jackson said...

Sweet picture : ) It was fun to see you guys the other night!

n@ said...

So that is where you guys have been... Brazil! lol!

Bre said...

That sounds like so much fun. I love trying new recipes.

Ash and Joe said...

thats so sweet! for family night i made joe watch the bachlor with me. you are a way better wife!

ebv said...

If you ever do Brazil night again, I will gladly clean out your whole kitchen for one Coxinha de Frango...

Hope all is rockin! Congrats on the bunny baby.