So it's true - I am on a brief sabbatical from blogging. Between some weekend vacations and packing up for the big move, I just haven't had time to stick it all up on the world wide web. No worries my loyal fans, I am keeping diligent track of what I need to update you on - and we are taking plenty of pictures of all of our adventures. All this aside, this blog entry simply could not wait.
I am living in a war. Not a war against anything noble, but a war to park my car. I fight battles each day to avoid getting ticketed. I have been ticked outside my own apartment five times in the last two years of living there. I've been working on campus for over 5 years and have probably run out of fingers and toes counting how many tickets I have. It seems I'm always in some sort of a panic, whether at home, or at work or even out on the town. A panic to legally park my car. Is this "B" parking or "C" parking??? Where's my "A" pass? And did we get a validation for the F parking lot at the gateway - yes but this one only covers an hour... There is no free ride in the world of parking. Have you ever tried to contest a parking ticket with the U's commuter services? Fat chance buddy.
Last night, after watching X-Files (huge fan), I was walking to our Mazda with some of my very best friends (Mike, Dad and Mom). As I approached the car, I thought I'd wait to get in until the person, who I assumed belonged to the car next to ours, was able to get in or out of their vehicle. Then I noticed the person wasn't moving, in fact, they weren't trying to get in or out of any car at all. Then I noticed the person's back was suspiciously turned toward me. Then I noticed the worst of all: a long curving yellow stream of urine splattering in the parking lot - he was urinating on the Mazda! At first, I didn't know whether to yell or run. I certainly didn't want to approach at the risk of being splattered upon - so I yelled, "Mike! Dad! He is peeing on our car!!!" I swear there was a 10 second hang time before anyone responded because we were all so shocked. We all started yelling, especially dad (thanks Dad) for the gentleman (can I even call him that???) to get away and get out! Stop urinating on my car! Slowly he turned around, not taking the time to examine the zipper, and started walking away. "Sorry dude," he mumbled as Dad bravely chased him out of the "secure gateway terrace" parking lot.
We informed the parking toll people (who stood 15 feet away from the incident). They said they call their manager. Should I be surprised that through all of this we discovered that although you pay a hefty price to park at the gateway, they have no security, and no emergency procedures? Probably not.
Although I drove TO the movie, I didn't really want to walk on that side of the car, so I handed the keys to Mike, pleading that he not let his shoes get in the puddle. Infuriated (well, I was the only one infuriated. Mike and dad were giggling, and mom was laughing SO hard she was snorting and crying. Thanks for the support, mom.) we pulled up to the toll booth.
This is the bottom line folks. How do you get free parking at the Gateway? This is what you do:
Me: Did you call security? A man peed on my car. Did you ever call security?
Toll Booth Lady: Uh, I like had my friend like call the manager.
Me: Do we get free parking if someone urinates on our car?
Toll Booth Lady: What?
Me: A transient just urinated on my car - do I have to pay for parkign if a transient comes into the parking lot and pees on my car?!
Toll Booth Lady: I won't make you pay. That sucks.
One free dollar for me.
27 Years!
5 days ago


2 comments:
Tee-hee-hee I haven't paid for parking at the gateway for...well since I worked at LoveSac!
Nice story though...did you clean your car with bleach?
Nasty, nasty, nasty. Sorry about that. Gross. BTW, we like the Hint of Lime... I just think they are mis-marketed. ;-)
Hey, I can't get your blog to come up in my Google Reader... Do you have RSS enabled?
Post a Comment