Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

A new blog post? Gasp! Can it be? Is Catherine really going to stop ignoring her blogging duties? That's right Melissa. Start cookin' dinner cause here we go...

So Mike and I have been married for two years now. It seems like the two years has gone so fast - but at the same time it feels like Mike and I have always been together from the very beginning. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. He makes me laugh, he plays with me, he's patient with me and we are so very much in love.

To celebrate our anniversary, we decided to discover something new together. We made reservations for Sun Valley. Discovering Sun Valley together was so much fun - it was like discovering Jackson Hole for the first time - but with Mike. New sites, sounds and new mountains. I know my Wasatch Front, and the Tetons are my adopted children, so to discover new mountains was fun.

Mike gave me the sweetest gift. He gave me beautiful earings that were once Grandma Garff's. May I say, the woman has great jewelry taste and I think we would have gotten along beautifully. The earings were made on an indian reservation. They're dangely and have a beautiful Turquoise in each one. I love them. As I am a very sentimental person, who feels a strong connection to her heritage and those who have laid the path before me, this is the most perfect gift.

For Mike, I got him some brand new spiffy handlebars. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal (especially following the earings) but they are really nice handlebars with flat-tops which means mike will be MUCH more comfortable for LOTOJA and our other bike rides together. I'll make it sound sentimental.... the first the Mike and I EVER did together was a bike ride to the Great Salt Lake Marina - so cycling gear is the perfect gift to my hubby of 2 years.

In Sun Valley, I had the BEST BBQ Chicken Pizza ever. I'd like to think that I am a BBQ chicken connoisseur. With it's corn, black beans, BBQ chicken, sauce and cilantro, this pizza took the prize.

This is a picture of us at the Pizza Place.

Our last evening in Sun valley mike and I enjoyed a good old fashioned ice cream cone sitting out on a bench watching the other tourists walk by us on Main Street. What a wonderful time with my love of all time. I look forward to many more discoveries that lay ahead. Love you mike!

On a not-so-romantic note, this bug squished on our windshield on the way up to S.V. It made a loud mushing noise and guts went everywhere. It was disgusting. I even threw up in my mouth a little bit.

This is us on the drive up...pre-bug-squish which explains the happy faces and normal skin-tone.

We want to make a bench like this!

Mike was almost attacked by a Swan at Sun Valley Resort. We spent Sunday morning exploring the resort, but I have a feeling we only saw the tip of the ice berg.

On Saturday, Mike and I went on a 30 mile bike ride and a 6 mile hike (have to fit it all in while you can.) This is a picture I took on our hike to Baker Lake. I have a new hobby of taking picture of flowers. This was my favorite flower picture from our trip.

No comments: