Monday, June 16, 2008

What's a Garff Reunion Picnic? A Garffnic!

I obviously really like taking two words and combining them into one catchy word. Unfortunately, I don't think it really works in this case to call a Garff Family Reunion Picnic a "Garffnic." Nice try self, right? Maybe it's really a Garff Reunic? No. Garff Famnic? Or let's just stick with the fact that is was a picnic for the annual Garff Family Reunion (Grandpa Garff's siblings and all their kids). It was fun to realize the impact that one family can have and to see how big one family can grow in just a few years. Reunions like this make me hope that my own children and my children's children and me and my siblings and all of their children are all able to stay close. It seems a confusing and like a lot of work, but thanks to the gospel and the concept (and reality) of eternal families, I really don't think it is far fetched at all. I am so grateful for the gospel. Without it, I don't think any of us would realize the importance of growing close family ties in this life. The fact is, we're all together forever. We're one of the only things that we get to keep and take on with us to the next life.Thanks for the KFC and fun evening of reflection on family. It was a great evening that Mike and I enjoyed with Bill, Karen, Bob, Laura, and Kevin. Although we wished more were in attendance, the seven of us proudly represented the Mark Garff family.

1 comment:

scott j said...

sooo...ummmm....garff reunion? yeah we had no idea.