Sunday, June 15, 2008

A tribute to my dad.

My dad is an example how to work hard and serve others. Almost every cabin vacation us boys helped out with a new cabin project. It was really hard to not be on the beach, but now I am very grateful because I eventually learned the importance of work and how to enjoy it. He also made sure that we helped with our neighbor's snow and leaves.

My Dad love's to relish the moment. He will read every word of a Historical Site sign and loves to stop and talk with everyone. In fact, we got stuck at the Star Trek Las Vegas ride for 2 hours because he read the entire 5 million year Star Trek time line from Captain Kirk to the new star trek guy. I've always been amazed at my Dad's ability to handle emergency situations. Whether I was crashing the car again or hurting myself he never really got angry, he just helped find a solution so that everything could be taken care of.

My dad taught me how to eat a lot of leftovers. I never thought that this skill would come in handy until now that I am married and a regular leftover eater. I have fond memories of working on boats, sking and snowbird, going to the cabin, family trips, bike rides, etc. I am grateful for such an amazing dad who has taught me the gospel and continues to be an example of having integrity at all moments no matter what the situation is. Happy Father's day to my dad.

No comments: