Saturday, June 7, 2008

Little Red Riding Hood

This weekend was the Little Red Riding Hood. It's the women's only cycling event..."no cowboys allowed!" We spent the day in Cache Valley cycling with bad weather right at our tails. Luckily, although we had a (very!) strong headwind, the hail never caught us. This is one of only two women only metrics in the U.S. so it's a big deal.

Mom, Karen, my friend Lindsey and I woke up extra early on saturday morning to make the rainy drive from SLC to Wellsville, Utah. This was my second year participating in the Little Red. This year, we did the 45 mile route. Next year, Mom said she'd try 60 miles (which I totally know she can do!) - I'm gonna go all the way and do 104 miles.

Me and Little Red Riding Hood! He/She/It was giving out Candy!
Don't worry...I've read that story a few times. I checked for razors.

Lindsey, Karen and Mom at the starting line.

Mom getting a tat at a rest stop.

Mom did AWESOME! She did the ENTIRE 45 miles.
This is mom at Mile 15.

This is the starting line. Thousands of women. Lots of pink.
Lots of pink bikes. Pretty cool.

This is the Little Red Troupe. Mom, Me, Lindsey and Mom-Karen.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

http://www.blurb.com/book/blogbook?ce=google_blog&gclid=CJWd4dGa6ZMCFQx2GgodtV3bWQ
That is a site to make your blog into a book!

Patricia said...

way to go Catherine and Mom! That looks like it was a really fun event.