Sunday, July 1, 2007

So who are these Garffs???


Who are the Garffs? They are ridiculously happy people. They live in a village. Their walls are made of cinderblock and their hearts are made of gold. How they came together can be argued... Mike says they met because of institute. Catherine says they met because of her party. They compromise and say they met because of Financial Accounting with Marci Butterfield (which is also true). How romantic debits and credits can be!

Mike and I met in the Spring of 2005. Mike took me to The Paris Bistro and then boulder up Big Cottonwood Canyon for climbing on our first date. The Creme Brule was amazing, the stars in the canyon were beautiful. Immediately we fell head over heels. We had a very adventurous and romantic courtship which included spelunking, rock climbing, a lot of snow skiing, kissing, jeeping in Moab, fence fixing at Bennion Boys Ranch, shooting shot-guns, hiking Pfiefferhorn, tons of road biking, limited studying, and many more memories.

We were engaged on Valentines Day 2006. It sounds cliche, but was actually quite the surprise. I accepted Mike's proposal after he faked an injury in Eagles Nest at Alta. I barely was able to ski down the chute as I was so excited and feeling so unreal - but it was all very real. July 20, 2006 we were married in the beautiful Salt Lake Temple.

As of this blog entry, Mike is working towards his MBA at the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah. His MBA will be completed in May 09. I (Catherine) am also in school studying Public Relations getting my undergrad. I will graduate in May 08. I am also the PR and Marketing person for an organization on campus that deals in commercialization.

We both hope you enjoy reading about our adventures in school, the mountains, and the cinderblock village (which we love). Welcome to the Garff Blogger.

1 comment:

judy said...

You two are amazing!!!!!!!!